Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Reasons I Like Walking To and From Work

1. I get to see the same elderly Asian man walking up Nob Hill backwards.
2. I realized if I walk with my head up looking in the exact direction I'm going people will move out of my way.
3. I get to burn off the calories from my McD's
4. It's fun to see people turn onto a one way street against traffic.
5. I get to make people at sushi bars feel uncomfortable by staring at them as I walk by.
6. Get to see the occasional whore arguing with her pimp over the cell phone because he won't pick her up out in front of Cala Foods.
7. Saying "Hi" to the guy who works in the Newspaper Kiosk at the corner of California & Hyde
8. Always a chance that I'll witness some carnage being wheeled out of an ambulance in front of St. Francis Memorial Hospital.
9. Laughing at booted cars and thinking it would be a good idea to have a blow torch in the trunk of my own car.
10. Walking up California in between the Grace Cathedral and the Masonic Temple creeping myself out thinking about what might be goin' on inside those places.
11. The lady in front of the produce market in Chinatown yelling "BOK CHOY!"
12. I occasionally walk past the buildings Hitchcock used in his film "Vertigo"
13. At a cross walk I like to be the first person in a group of people who notices that there aren't anymore cars coming, so I cross even though the sign says "Don't Walk"
14. It's never a bad day if I see a white dove flying around.
15. All that fresh air just makes me feel good about myself and is a great stress reliever.

No comments:

Post a Comment