Friday, October 1, 2004

All Talent, No Tools

As I have stated before, I am a film major. Granted, a community college film major doesn't sound as prestigious as say an SFSU film student, but I'm on my way right? All I need is a quality camera now. My Digital8 camera is busted and at the shop probably sitting under a pile of VCR's and 8-track players. Those bastards had better be doing something about it or else I'll have to get medievel on'em! There's nothing sadder than a filmmaker without a camera...well, I could probably think of a lot of sadder situations, but for now this one really sucks.

Since I got a bike the trip to work everyday has grown less interesting. When I was walking to work there was time to make observations, contemplate people's paths in life and watch birds poop on people. On my bike I'm goin 30 mph downhill and the only thing I observe is "how close is that car from hitting me?" I'm almost ready to walk to and from work maybe 2 or 3 days a week, I just feel like I'm missing out on a lot of the little things the city has to offer.

Maaaan! So many new toys out there I wanna get, but I gotta wait until my camera's fixed so I can sell it to get a different camera! The new iMac G5 is out, it's awesome and it's a perfect replacement for my at times frustrating eMachines PC. It's worked great, but there's not enough memory to edit video efficiently, so I'm switching over.

I'm still amazed as to how popular computers are this day and age. Everybody has one, everybody's on the internet and everybody's using it to play online pool on Yahoo!. My how we've progressed as a society.

No comments:

Post a Comment