Friday, March 4, 2005

A Moment of Bliss

Walking to the bus stop after my Algebra class usually sucks ass. It ends at 10pm, and usually while I'm making my way there my two modes of transportation, the K train and the 49 bus, both pass by right before my eyes before I can reach the stop.

But the other night was different. It was raining pretty hard and I had forgotten my umbrella. Through various experiments without any real data, I've found that if you run in the rain you actually get more wet than when you walk in it. So I zipped up my jacket, pulled my collar up Bob Dylan style and trudged my way down the street.

It was cold, I was bitter and I was certain that both my public transports were going to be passing by any minute.

But then I had a moment of hopelessness, where I knew that no matter what I did now I was going to get wet and that there wasn't any point in staying angry about it. After all, water dries up eventually. I then took notice of each individual raindrop hitting the top of my head, grazing my ears and splashing onto my eyebrows and nose.

I looked up and saw a swarm of drops falling through the light of the yellow tinted streetlamp. I continued walking with my head up and began to feel the rain falling on my face. I smiled, let out a long sigh of peace and enjoyed my moment of bliss.

This experience helped me realize that moments such as this are seldom and or too far apart. I feel it's my duty to myself to seek out the things that bring me comfort and peace. Wish me luck in doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment