Wednesday, August 18, 2004

The Diversity of your Local Walgreens

It was a really nice day today, so at lunch I decided to walk around the FD a bit. I really wanted to go looking for a helmet and bike lock, but there aren't any shops to get'em at around here. But then I thought, maybe Walgreens has some bike locks. I went to the one nearest my work, no dice. I then went over to another Walgreens (since they pretty much own about 10% of the city), the one at Market & 4th St. Right when I walked in I started to look at the aisle signs to see if they had "Bicycle Supplies" or something similar where I could find some. Then one of the best aisle signs ever caught my eye. In the Hair Care aisle it had listed among the key items "AFRO HAIR CARE". I couldn't contain my laughter, I had to let it out. People were staring, but who cares, I'll never see them again. They obviously could never understand why something like that is so funny. And alas, no bike locks there either. Oh well, I'll find one somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment