Monday, August 9, 2004

Yayyy!

On my way home last Thursday I finally finished "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams! Hilarious book, and certainly a very different type of science fiction. I can't wait for the movie to come out next year, it's gonna be sweeeeeet. So Now I've started on the next book "The Restaurant at the End of the Galaxy". I just had to get that out of the way before I moved on. This morning on my way to the Haight to park my car there was a quadrapalegic man doing his best to cross the street. He didn't make it in time for lights to change, so when he saw that cars were about to head his way he began to hurry. I glanced away then looked back and all of a sudden he was on the ground rolling around. There was a pothole in the road, he must have tripped or stumbled over that. He got up slowly and started walking again, I swear if he hadn't have gotten up I would have gotten out to help him. I saw a girl walking towards him almost ready to break out in tears it was so sad. I didn't have time to stick around though, I was on a busy street and I was in a hurry to get to work on time. I'm going to Copelands Sports today for lunch to testride some BMX bikes. I was going to get a Mt. Bike, but I remembered that I always felt like an idiot on those. It's much more my style to ride BMX and not have to wear those lame shell head helmets. I'll get a BMX/Skaters helmet, that way I won't be self conscious about my dorkiness. 3:35 PM: So I went to Copeland's, that joint sucks! They had everything but bikes! I'll have to go out to the Valencia Bike Shop sometime soon I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment