Tuesday, August 3, 2004

What party?

In the wake of last week Democratic Convention I've been hearing this question: "So, what party do you belong to?" To which I reply "None, I'm an independent". I find it humorous that when speaking of a political party people ask you if you "belong" to it. As if the party owns you and controls your vote. I much prefer the term independent. This means I can vote for whomever I deem fit to represent my country and interests. Of course this is true, but, if a Republican were to vote for John Kerry in the upcoming presidential elections people would question that persons political beliefs. "Well, are you a Republican or not?" they might say. Therefore, for the sake of causing any confusion among those close to me and within my own noggin', I choose to be independent and free to swing whichever way I please. Thank you, and don't vote for Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment