Friday, August 6, 2004

Ride to CCSF is a trip

This morning I needed to get to CCSF to take the lame Math/Algebra Assessment test. I calculated that if I get on the bus by 7:15 I'd probably reach campus by 7:45 at the latest. Being my first visit to campus ever I really how amazingly naive I was. The 49 goes down Van Ness, Mission then Ocean Blvd, I didn't know how long and tedious that trip was. Not to mention most of the Mission district is not something to write home about nor blog about, so I'll refrain. I got to the school around 8:15, just barely making the "opening explanation" of how the test is taken. This is pretty much a preparation for idiots who don't understand the logic of answering question after question without talking to your neighbors. So I decided to go to the bathroom during these minutes, you know, to release a little pressure. I came back, did the dopey arithmetic part and quickly moved on to the Albebra part. It wasn't too bad, I qualified to Intermediate Algebra, which just means I have 2 semesters more until I can go to SF State. On the way to work on the bus it was really fun. The Mission District looks a lot better once all the stores are open and people are scampering around buying produce at the outdoor markets. The murals are more radiant now that the sun is shining on them and the small population of drunken latinos are now all sober and on their way to work. A group of about 30 children suddenly boarded the bus, all yacking up a storm about Finding Nemo among other deep see movies they've seen. "FISH ARE FRIENDS, NOT FOOD" they shouted in unison. It was incredibly cute, made me smile during my whole trip which was something I needed this morning. A sweet Asian girl sat next to me, complaining to her counselor that she had a tummy ache. I hope she felt better because they were all headed to the wharf to make themselves some teddy bears at the "Teddy Bear Factory". It was a very gratifyingly different day today, and I need not to forget what started it all. On my way to the bus in the morning there was an elderly Asian man walking up the hill backwards. Now that's thinking outside the bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment