Thursday, April 14, 2005

Famous People Everywhere...

Last night I went to see the play "Lennon", which is a title that's misleading when said outloud to somebody who doesn't know what it is. Everybody thinks it's about Vladimir Lenin, but in fact it's about John Lennon. Honestly, it was kinda lame. They had 6 or 7 different actors, male and female of almost every kind of race playing him at different times. It was like a bio-play, but with a bit too much of a circus element to do John Lennon's story any justice. Some of the unreleased songs were OK, but you can see why John never released them. But it was great to hear some Lennon tunes live. I hear the play "Imagine" is way better, if it comes here I may check it out. One cool thing is that Tracy Ullman was sitting 3 rows behind me in the Mezzanine. She and her man-friend were dancing and swingin' and really enjoying the show. I really love her as an actress and a comedian, but I'm not one to approach celebrities and bother them with my fanaticism. You gotta admit she's awesome, she's the reason why the Simpson's got its start on television, with the Tracy Ullman Show. Today I'm going to meet one of my idols, Nick Mason, the drummer for Pink Floyd. He's doing a book signing in the Haight, hopefully he'll sign my "Meddle" vinyl record sleeve as well :) I'll let you know how it goes

No comments:

Post a Comment