Thursday, April 21, 2005

With Teeth

All day today I've been listening to nothing but Nine Inch Nails. Although I've always been a fan, I've never actually devoted an entire day to listening to them. I'm curious as to how it'll effect me later. Will I be a bit more reflective upon myself, will I be angry, will I feel enlightened, will I be happier because I know I'm not in as much personal anguish as Trent is, will I feel inspired? I don't know, I guess I'll have to wait and see. But the new album "With Teeth" is awesome, it's a slightly different sound, mainly recognized by those of us who have grown up with the band. But it's not as "over-produced" as past NIN albums, Trent Reznor seems to have possibly gone through some voice training as his voice has more range than ever. It's not so much an album about the destruction of the human soul, but it's more about fighting against life's trials and coming up triumphant. Oh, and "The Hand That Feeds" rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment