Monday, September 5, 2005

What's really going on?

Wow, it's been a while since my last posting. I guess that's manifest of how busy I've been, because when I'm incredibly busy everything really seems like a blur, at least I have the sense enough to actually come out with some kind of worthwhile result in the end though. So school has started and it's a lot funner than I expected. Three hours a night isn't so bad when you're doing something you love. I hadn't looked at my short films in a while and I've fallen in love with them again as I am at the moment capturing them to my hard-drive for editing in my FCP class. I'm hoping to finish editing at least 3 of my films this semester, maybe 4 if I feel like even completing what I feel is my worst short film. It had disaster written all over it when I cast it, but at least the soundtrack was good, ha ha. Today's labor day. Katie and I decided to visit the SF landmark "The Ferry Building". Honestly, there isn't much there. A couple restaurants, some office buildings upstairs and a nice view of Treasure Island and the Bay Bridge. After looking at a couple of the restaurants that were open today, we really didn't see anything appetizing. It was all greasy fast food fit to fill the stomachs of hungry tourists. So we decided to do something that seemed to me slightly European (although I know very little about Euros or their diets), we went to ACME bread and got a nice long baguette. i was hoping to get the "Sweet Baguette" since it's airier and has the overly floured outside that I'm such a fan of. But apparently they were out of it. No worries. After paying a cold $1.50 for the bread we went next door to the cheese monger (I love that word) and got ourselves a few ounces of the tastiest Gorgonzola I've ever tasted. Our next stop was a little produce shop where we got an Asian Pear and a sweet juicy peach. We decided to go outside where the view of the island was and eat our light meal. We grabbed a couple Italian Sodas from a little refreshment booth and went outside. How was I to know that today was take your loud animals to the Ferry Building day? 3 pugs, 2 other little yappers, a big black lab and somebody's Cockatu were out there all arguing as if some wild racial battle had ensued between species. The pugs were fighting with eachother as if they were all from different economic classes of pug, the yappers were yelling at the cockatu for being so beautiful and getting all the attention. And the cockatu was barking back at the yappers just to mock them. The cockatu should have been called the mockingbird. The cheese we got was so creamy and yummy and succulent. I spread it onto a broken off piece of baguette as I marvelled at the buds of bluish green fungus that had grown inside the flavorful fromage. Once it was spread evenly on the bread I sliced off a piece of peach and layed it on the bread and folded it up like a sandwich. I took my first bite and felt my madula omblangata suddenly relax as I experienced utter bliss from the many flavors that were being welcomed to my lusting palate. The peach balanced out the strong taste of the gorgonzola, the bread served as the tasty utensil and I was the vehicle being fueled. It was glorious. After eating we moved on to Fisherman's Wharf. I find myself more and more bored wit the place the more I visit it. We walked around a bit, dodged tourists, laughed at sea lions then grabbed some chowder at Boudin. I hate that new building of theirs, it's such an eyesore and looks so out of place, but I like their sandwiches so much that I couldn't help but gravitate there and take advantage of the half sandwich & a bowl of chowder deal. Splended it was. All in all, today was a good day. We rented a couple flicks. Katie was in the mood for a good horror flick so as we walked around the horror section I spotted Bill Paxton's directorial debut "Frailty". I was intrigued to watch it back in 2001 when it came out, but never got around to it. Such a great film, many elements of Hitchcock with a great story that gets to you if you've ever existed as a member of a family in any form. Class again tomorrow, let the piecing together of the puzzle begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment