Monday, July 26, 2004

20's vs. 30's

I was watching this show on PBS the other day, these three kids who are aspiring writers are on a road trip across America meeting writers and publishers trying to find out what it takes to be a writer and be successful at it. One woman, an editor for SPIN magazine said "The 20's are for discovering who you are, save your 30's for your career. But right now just have fun, keep writing and try and discover who you are." She also encouraged them to start a blog or do anything to keep writing and practicing. That's why I started my blog, primarily. I really just need some form of therapy for my subcontious melodramatic self. I gotta say I agree with the first part of the quote. My parents are concerned about my education and how it's progressing, but I figure as long as I'm growing as a person and am having real experiences and learning from them I'm doing just fine. What good is an education if your mind isn't free to do what it wants. So, hey, give me until I'm 30 before I start making the big bucks. For now earning peanuts and scrimping and saving to get by will probably help me out in the future and make me more humble and thankful during times of prosperity.

No comments:

Post a Comment