Tuesday, July 27, 2004

I forgot my sandwich!

To save time and mulla I decided to make my own lunch while my wife ate up my morning time in the shower. I placed it next to my bitchin' JanSport backpack, I had a thought to actually put it inside my backpack, but it came and went. I showered, got dressed, grabbed my backpack, kissed my wife see ya later and out I went. It wasn't until I got to work that I realized, CRAP! I FORGOT MY HAM & CHEESE SANDWICH AND TOSTITOS "hint of jalapeno" CHIPS! Oh well, I guess I'll be getting a snack at one of the many restaurants that abound the financial district. I decided to take the California St. route to work today. As some may know, California St. is essentially a hill. At the top is the Grace Cathedral, Masonic Temple, Fairmont Hotel and the Mark Hopkins Hotel. I couldn't help but think of all the secret combinations possibly being realized inside all four buildings, then I got a little intimidated and slightly freaked myself out. But then I started going down the other side of the hill and found my self tranquil once again. Strolling through Chinatown there are always older Asian couples out for their morning walks. I happened upon one couple probably in their 70's. The man was in front of his wife doing some breathing exercises, smiling and waving his arms about. His wife walked about 10 feet behind him being quietly submissive to her beau. She had a look on her face as if she had spent a lifetime crying. I couldn't even imagine what things she'd seen in her past, possibly living through the Mao Tse Tung and possibly living in one of the smaller provinces of China that were most persecuted. I would like to think she's living a happy life now, I hope so

No comments:

Post a Comment