Monday, July 26, 2004

I am Spiderman...

On the 1st of this month my wife and I moved into our new apartment in San Francisco. My bros. and I were up until midnight moving crap in while she was at the old apartment in Concord cleaning every inch for inspection. At 1am I drove back to Concord to pick her up so we could finally start our new life in San Fran. But guess what, I had all the keys to the new apt. on my keyring at one point, and at another point I took off a pair so my keys wouldn't be so heavy. Turns out I left both of the keys to the security door inside the new apartment, so we had no way of even getting inside the building. My wife and I sat inside the car for about 10 minutes wondering what we had to do. Were we going to sleep in the car that night? Not a chance with our cat in there with us. So I had a bright idea to drive my '97 Jetta closer to the building and under our window. We were on the first floor, so a break-in was plausible. So I moved the car, jumped on top of it and lucky me! During the furniture moving I had opened the window to let some air in. I punched at the screen and knocked it off it's hinges, placed it gently inside, pulled my 160 lb body up the side of the building and climbed into the apartment. Thus began our new life in the city, hopefully it wasn't symbolic of things to come. But it was fun nonetheless. And I figured if I ever get bitten by a radioactive spider and develop spidey senses, I would grow accustomed to such traits pretty easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment