Saturday, July 24, 2004

Low key day today...

Friday There was somebody at work (who shall remain nameless) who was getting all worked up and annoying everybody because he wanted to find out who accidentally threw away the steel mesh filter in the coffeemaker, so since I don't even drink coffee nor think to ever touch the industrial brewer I just kept my mouth shut, blocked him out of my mind, put my headphones on and listened to The Proclaimers. This Saturday was a very relaxing day after a stressful week at work. I like to cook but have no counterspace whatsoever. I went to the Salvation Army (REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR!) Thrift Store so see what they had. Sadly, no kitchen carts, but I did find a rad helmet for my wife for $2, so now she can ride her bike to work. I also found a cool SF Youth Baseball T-shirt and a vintage grey and burgundy Ralph Lauren POLO shirt. It's tight fitting, but in the emo way, ya know. I checked out a few flicks from the library, and I have to admit I was a little disappointed with the Main Library's DVD selection, but it's free so I can't complain. I watched "Iris" with Kate Winslet, Judi Dench and Jim Broadbent. It was a great semi-depressing film, but full of uplifting moments. And Roger Pratt's cinematography is stunning as usual. I recommend it, I just adore Winslet as an actress and that makes it the most enjoyable for me. (If you want to see Kate Winslet in 2 of her best roles thus far rent "Heavenly Creatures" and see "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind") Well, there you have it, exciting idnit?

No comments:

Post a Comment