Friday, August 12, 2005

Appraisal seeks more praise...

The past couple weeks have been quite busy for me. There was a visitor from my company's London office, Harry, a really cool guy who helped out the situation in the San Francisco more than he knows. His last day here he pulled me into the other room for an "Appraisal" that he was assigned to do. I could tell he hated doing it and just wanted to get it overwith. Overall, regarding my performance as the Office Manager, I got a C grade. A C is quite good, that means I'm basically doing the job the way it should be done. The only way to get to an A or B for that matter is to really go out of my way, put in tons of extra hours and most likely invest some of my own money to keep the office running to the best of its ability. But hey, I work pretty hard and my sups seem to be satisfied with my work so I find some fulfillment in that.

I've discovered that it's so much easier for me to write when I do it longhand. Sitting in front of a computer typing words onto a digital screen just doesn't have the motivating effect that I need. I have this pad of graph paper that I've been using lately, and it's so much easier not having to meddle with formatting or having to resist the temptation to sign onto the internet. The only time I'll probably use my script writing software from now on is to just transcribe what I've already written.

I'm feeling outdoorsy, got a craving to go camping. There's a great spot north of SF that I don't care to reveal to you, my few readers, that I'll be reserving for a lovely night of wilderness survival and s'mores.

If you're interested in joining me and my friends, let me know, it'll be a jolly ol' time. But in the meantime, I'm going to be hanging out in parks more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment