Tuesday, August 2, 2005

If you wanna "Tab" you gotta order somethin'!

I forgot to mention another highlight from my return trip from Utah. We stopped at a small grocery store in Hurricane, UT (aka Hurrakin) in search of munchies and beverages for our long haul across the desert called Nevada. After aimlessly walking around hoping to find some rare things to nibble on we came upon the "Pop" aisle. It was filled with all the regular sodas that you would expect, but then I saw a 12 Pack box with the letters "Tab" written on it. I nearly exploded from excitement. It's been years since I've had a can of Tab, the world's first diet soda and quite frankly it's the best tasting. It's between Coke and Pepsi, in that it's sweeter than Pepsi and not as sweet as Coke, it's near perfect. I couldn't pass up on the 3 for $10 deal and stocked up on the stuff since it's practically impossible to find anywhere here in the bay area. Later in the trip I grabbed a can of the hailed beverage from our cooler, took a sip and was immediately hit with a wave of nostalgia and memories of those long rode trips my family used to make (I could also taste a hint of licorice in its aftertaste). Truthfully, these trips didn't compare to the one I was currently on, the drive from Concord to Escalon, CA where my grandparents lived really isn't that long, but when you're an 8 year old kid an hour trapped in a moving vehicle can seem like an eternity. At that age there's no sense of time or urgency, except that you don't like being stuck inside anything and need to get out and run around. I wish I were that innocent again, full of absurd ideas and not afraid to be mischevious. Alas, I'm glad that I know the things I know now and truthfully wouldn't want to return to my youth, not as long as I'm enjoying adulthood. On a tangent, I'm watching the Discovery Channel, and this show called "Dirty Jobs" is on. It's possibly one of the best "reality" shows ever. This guy goes around the US and literally partakes and educates us in the ways of some of the dirtiest jobs you can think of. The grosses and most disturbing job he's shown thus far is that of a horse breeder. They brought a "stud" to what seriously looked like a clinic where sperm donations would be made. There was a stump about 4 feet in the air that was sprayed with horny female horse scent to get the stud nice and randy. The show's host then had to handle a padded and cylindrical recepticle which he had to cover the 3 foot long erect horse penis with to catch the horse's love nectar. It was thorougly disgusting, coming up after the commercial was the insemenation process, and after seeing the KY jelly being sprayed on the horse's backside I had to change the channel immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment