Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The start of a new semester in life...

During the summer break I had the hardest time trying to choose what classes I wanted to take this fall. Then finally, sometime last week I narrowed my choices down to 3 courses that I was interested in: Creative Writing, Digital Film Editing and Drawing After careful consideration I've decided to enroll in the latter two of my choices. The Creative Writing class, although I'm sure it would have been interesting, just didn't hold any promise. I think as far as having the ability to write creatively goes, I'm good for now, I'm happy with what I'm creating when I put pen to paper. But my drawing skills have diminished due to lack of practice and I really want to take a crash course in editing so I won't be lost while editing with my new editing software at home. My drawing class started tonight. The classroom is at Fort Mason in the Marina on a beautiful location with a clear view of both Alcatraz and the Golden Gate bridge. I arrived over an hour early so I took to working on my script as I sat at the edge of the dock to enjoy the sound of the bay waters crashing against the pier and the pelicans swooping across the bay in "V" formation. There's a pic up on my profile of me while I was writing. My art teacher is cool, the first thing he told us was that he'd been an Art teacher at CCSF since 1972, which got a good chuckle from the class. I'm not sure whether or not he meant it as a joke, but it was funny nonetheless. When he speaks he shakes his head just like Will Ferrell does when he immitates Harry Carey. And he's missing half a pinky on his left hand. At the end of class he asked if there were any questions regarding the syllabus, I had to bite my tongue before I dared to ask how he lost it. He looks sorta like Geoffrey Lewis, Juliette Lewis' dad, only he has more hair and a white mustache.

No comments:

Post a Comment