Thursday, October 20, 2005

Did you repose well?

I'm very sleep deprived. I hear there's a course at Stanford that studies sleep and sleep deprivation, and that if you fall asleep in class you actually get extra credit for the day. Yeah, my grade sheet would be all marked up with extra credit.

Yesterday as I walked zombily to my drawing class, I looked at a statue that stood in a park that's on my way to the campus. I'm not sure who the statue is of, but from far off it looks like Walt Disney with his arms out. Have you ever been so tired you've hallucinated? 'Cause I swear to you, this statue's arms were flapping up and down like the audience in the movie "Angels in the Outfield". I couldn't believe what I was seeing, and as I looked around, everything was slightly distored, as if I were looking through a 50mm Wide Angle lens. To avoid anymore disturbing sights, I kept my head down a bit and just focused on the sidewalk ahead of me until I made it to class.

I arrived an hour early, at some food, drank an Orange Juice and took a nice 30 minute nap.

I'm much better now

No comments:

Post a Comment