Friday, October 28, 2005

Gimme a minute...

Yeah, work and school is just a tad time consuming, blah blah blah, yak yak yak, whine whine whine, I know. But that's why I'm looking forward to this weekend and well, November in general.

For Halloween I figured it'd be a good time as ever to check out Alcatraz during it's hours of twilight...creepy, eh? I hope so. I'm just hoping our tour guide rivals Phil Hartman's character in "So I married an Axe Murderer" (lol). Then later that evening, guess what's happening? BAUHAUS is happenin'! Woo hooo! I've been burnin' to see'em ever since I heard about their show at Coachella earlier this year. It's gonna be quite awesome...yes yes

Day of the Dead is on Wednesday, I have class, but it's an art class so I'm going to see if I can get extra credit for attending the cultural art center or something instead. I always enjoy the procession through the Mission, if you have the time, I recommend you go and at least walk half of it. But don't stay in the same spot in the crowd, move around and see all the people and groups that will be there. It's so fun.

So, October is my favorite month of the year usually, but this November is gearing up to be pretty awesome. Oct. was a good movie month though, gotta give it that.

The Founder, President and CEO of the company I work for has been in town all week. It's been really cool, he's a swell Irish lad. He's not here to criticize how I run the office, so that's nice. He's mainly here to interview freelance writers for the company and to buy me lunch.

Today we went to Murphy's Pub downstairs from our office where I expected a nice lunch but ended up having a bath too! The glass slipped out of the waitress' hand as she was handing it to me and it spilled over my right pant leg. Had I been wearing an expensive pair of slacks I might have been angry, but their Levi's, no big whoop. But the Aussie waitress felt so sorry and angry at herself, I told her it really wasn't a big deal and that it happens. Besides, she didn't charge for my meal which pleased Spencer (my boss). She swore that it had never happened to before, that she's never spilled a glass of anything on anybody, yet when she went to hand Spencer the check on one of those little plastic plates she happened to drop that too...sensing a pattern?

Yesterday while we were sitting at the bar at Murphy's, he with his pint of Guiness and me with my pint of Coke, he leaned over and told me that once the UK office has moved to it's new location in central London that he's going to ship me out there for a week to check out the new digs...(picture a shocked look on my face). He'd hinted to it in the past, but now it looks like it's actually going to happen. I'll have one week of work in London and a whole other week of doing tourist stuff and traveling around England in a rental car. All expenses paid plus I get to bring m'lady...how cool is that? It's incalculaculacable.

No comments:

Post a Comment