Saturday, June 25, 2005

A possible dynasty?

My oldest brother Rob is visiting from Utah, and with him he brought his lovely wife Tanya and 4 of his 5 kids. After we did some of the regular SF touristy stuff (ie cable car ride, Fisherman's Wharf, etc...) we had dinner at Pier Market. While at dinner, I was surprised to hear that my nephew Brady also wants to be a filmmaker! How awesome is that? The kid is only 8 I think, and he already has aspirations. He even knows directors, is a fan of George Lucas (not just because of Star Wars) and at career day in school he explained exactly what he'd like to do as a filmmaker. I was even surprised to know that he knows what a Producer is. I doubt he knows what they do, but just knowing that it's an actual production title at his age is impressive. This only motivates me more to know that in my future I may have an apprentice of sorts. Somebody who will most likely accomplish more than I will, and I'd be happy to give him an humble and happy hand (the h's are silent). A dynasty in the works? Perhaps. But it'll be years in the making

No comments:

Post a Comment