Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A Student Union secession...

I decided it would be a good idea to stop into the Apple store today after work to see if I couldn't get myself the new "Final Cut Studio" bundle pack to go along with my new G5. I was so excited, my palms were sweating with anxiety. I walk into the store and I notice immediately that all the employees are wearing bright green shirts with the words "Student Union" on them, to promote a new deal of getting a free iPod mini with your new computer. So I figured, oh good, so I can use my student discount here, awesome! I go to the cashier and ask if they could fetch me a non-previously handled box containing the FC Studio bundle. I then mention that I'll also be needing the student discount to be applied to my purchase, to which the cashier replied "I'm sorry, we don't do student discounts here in store, only online." I expressed my confusion by pointing to his shirt and explaining how dumb that sounded, and he said "I know." Well, the happy ending is that I was able to order it online with my student discount. It's so great, a product that would cost me $1400 is only costing me $750. There are perks to being a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment