Friday, July 22, 2005

Don't get all "emo" on me...

Yesteday's blog was way too serious and slightly depressing. I apologize to all you people who might have read it, sometimes when I write like that I think it does more damage to society than it does good to myself. But I digress...no more depressing blogs.

I'm feeling much better today, it must have been that Italian BMT, man that thing did a number on me. I wasn't able to eat anything until this afternoon, but I just had a fatty Bistro Burger and the bowels are now back and going at full blast!

A week from yesterday I get to embark on a long drive to southern Utah (or Utard) for a family reunion. There's a lot of drama surrounding it this year. Apparently Katie's parents invited her sister's in-laws to the reunion. Now, we weren't too crazy about that in the first place because truthfully, we just don't like them. But they're not my in-laws, so it doesn't matter. What really made things difficult was that the said in-laws also took the liberty to invite some extended family members...nearly 50 more! Holy crap! What are these people thinking?!

The campground on the ranch isn't nearly big enough and there probably isn't going to be enough food to feed everyone! I'm not going to be motivated to meet any of these people since honestly, they just don't matter. It's like 4 or 5 degrees of separation, and two of those degrees I don't even care to be acquainted with. So we're just going to go, have fun, do our own thing with some of the REAL family members that are going to be there and I hope come back refreshed from a vacation in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment