Monday, July 25, 2005

Women's footwear etiquette...

There's going to be an article tomorrow in the Chronicle about how the country's Women's Field Hockey Championship team visited the White House recently, all wearing open toed shoes & sandals. The "hoopla" surrounding it is whether today's youth are receiving proper lessons in etiquette. There are reasons why I can't read the paper too much or watch the nightly news, this is just another addition to my list. Not that I care either way, but I would prefer a little more class from young women when visiting places where they're going to be honored by a world leader, even if it is ol' Dubyah. I would no doubt present myself in a nice, snazzy perhaps olde timey suit, I think just the formality is lost. And formality isn't always a bad thing

No comments:

Post a Comment