Monday, July 18, 2005

Where it's at...

There's nothing like a Beck concert to show you how freakin' boring Billy Corgan can be. As mentioned in my previous message, Billy Corgan was good, but not great. The show was quite boring and on par with hanging out at a bar. But man, Beck is a freakin' party! People dancin' everywhere, on stage, underneath me, on top of me, all around me and the music was condusive to this behavior. I can't say that Bill Graham Civic Auditorium is a great venue, it's floor area is just way too big and the stage is way too low, which is a common problem with most venues around here. So it was hard to find a good place to stand, but we managed to get pretty close to the stage and enjoyed every minute of the show. Oh, and not to mention Le Tigre was opening for him. Man they were awesome, their musicianship is quite questionable since most of the time they're just hitting play on their computer and occasionally strumming a few power cords. But their performance was great and I love the tunes. All 'round great show, I'd go two nights in a row if it were possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment